Pre-Wedding Beauty Tips for the Bride
Here’s a complete pre-wedding beauty checklist.
* Lips: Get soft, kissable lips by brushing away flakes of dry skin with an infant toothbrush soaked in baking soda and water. Apply healing ointment, and in no time, your lips will be ready for that “kiss the bride” kiss.
* Teeth: A cosmetic dentist can often correct an imperfect smile with veneers. But if spending painful hours in the dentist’s chair getting your teeth ground down sounds like it would put a damper on all the joyful planning, here’s good news: Lumineers (www.lumineers.com) are now used by thousands of dentists nationwide and can be applied in two short, pain-free appointments.
Unlike other veneer procedures, Lumineers are so strong and thin that they don’t require removal of sensitive tooth structure. The procedure is quick, painless and even reversible.
* Makeup: Women with warm skin tones look best in makeup with pink, coral, peach, amber, brown and red with yellow undertones. If you have a cool skin tone, choose pink, berry, lilac, mauve or red with blue undertones.
* Skin: Make your face glow with a good cleansing program. Use a cleanser that’s appropriate for your skin type in the morning, makeup remover and cleanser at night and a daily moisturizer. Use a gentle facial scrub once a week.
* Hair: If you’re planning to change your hairstyle or color, experiment several months before the wedding so you have time to correct any mistakes.
* Nails: If you’re a nail-biter, get weekly manicures to keep your nails healthy. Plan your last manicure a couple of days before the big day. Choose a pretty pale pink or splurge on a French manicure, not just because it looks great, but because the chips won’t show as much and are easy to fix. You’ll have beautiful hands for the rehearsal dinner and any other festivities.
Don’t forget, practice makes perfect. Schedule a trial run with your hair and makeup artists several days before your wedding, so there are no surprises the day of the ceremony.